Security Installer Community

Panic Alarm False Alarms

Guest one5live

Guest one5live

I am hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

I have a timed delay panic button that is going off, sometimes when the alarm is set and sometimes when it is not.

I am not sure if this is due to the control box or the panic alarm itself.

Is there an easy way for me to work out which?

If not, how could I remove it from the system as I never use it anyway.

I should add that I do not have the engineers code and all I know about the system is that the Control Panel is a TS700.

Is it possible to get the engineers code or reset it and if so how do I determine what the control box make and model is?

So many questions?

Thanks

Well you've answered some of them yourself, the system is a TS700 manufactured by Menvier Security although not made anymore.

The problem more than likely is a connection within the panic button itself (all the button is, is a magnetic reed switch which is opened when someone pushes the button)

My best advice is to post your location on here and someone maybe able to help you further as we cannot give out information on how to disable or program the button out.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Guest one5live

Many thanks for the replies.

I live in Bristol but do have the number for a local engineer who has been recommended, but being a typical tight arsed member of the public who thinks he can fix anything, I wanted to try to find a solution for myself.

At least I know what I am. :yes:

I appreciate you taking the time to reply, conceeding defeat and picking up the phone.

Many thanks. :)

Well you've answered some of them yourself, the system is a TS700 manufactured by Menvier Security although not made anymore.

The problem more than likely is a connection within the panic button itself (all the button is, is a magnetic reed switch which is opened when someone pushes the button)

My best advice is to post your location on here and someone maybe able to help you further as we cannot give out information on how to disable or program the button out.

53704[/snapback]

Mate if it helps, forum member Datadiffusion (Stuart from Casa Security) covers Bath. Why not PM him for a quote?

Regards Chris

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Archived