Security Installer Community

More Infinite by ESP views

Guest brum1969

Guest tandyuk

Ok, ive installed one of these (for 3 days before it was ripped out and replaced) but i think this important for people to know.

The Installation environment was the cause of all the problems, as i'll explain below.

1) How did you find the reliability of the alarm? Poor in this situation

2) Did you get any false alarms? Yes - lots

3) Are you a professional installer or DIYer? Professional

4) Would you recommend it? Not near any Marina/Harbour.

The main issue we found with this system on closer inspection was the frequencies used by the system experience severe interferance from Maritime Radios.

Personally i dont know the specifics of the frequencies, but false alarms were caused regularly when there was heavy traffic on the radios.

Also on the same site we had similar problems when testing wireless CCTV cameras, and subsequently everything has been replaced by good old fashioned cables.

The installation site was about 500 yards from the local coastguard, and shoreham harbour.

In-land i doubt you would see many of the problems we had, but personally i'm staying away from wireless systems until theyre proven to be a little more reliable.

More likely it was the Radar that was interfering as radar uses anything between 20-40kw and concentrates in a narrow band as the "boom" or "beam" rotates around.

Archived