Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 Controls

Guest ak_

Hi,

I've a veritas 8 system here and the electric was cut for electrical work in the house but the alarm system was not prepared for this and when the electric supply was fixed the control panel to the alarm has been locked and doesn't accept any input, does anyone have any ideas how I can get this unit to respond?

Thanks,

TJ

Hi,

I've a veritas 8 system here and the electric was cut for electrical work in the house but the alarm system was not prepared for this and when the electric supply was fixed the control panel to the alarm has been locked and doesn't accept any input, does anyone have any ideas how I can get this unit to respond?

Thanks,

TJ

43570[/snapback]

Veritas are known for locking after a mains restore. The only way to restore it is to power the system down completely. Open the panel (system may go into tamper), then remove one lead form battery terminal and remove mains fuse. Bell outside SHOULD start ringing, but all lights in kyeypad an panel should go out. Replace mains fuse and battery lead. Replace cover. Enter user code, press reset. System should be OK again.

BEWARE OF MAINS VOLTAGE INSIDE PANEL.. If you are in any doubt, consult a local alarms company.

D7

Thanks, I'll give that a go tomorrow and tell you how it goes :)

Veritas are known for locking after a mains restore.  The only way to restore it is to power the system down completely.  Open the panel (system may go into tamper), then remove one lead form battery terminal and remove mains fuse.  Bell outside SHOULD start ringing, but all lights in kyeypad an panel should go out.  Replace mains fuse and battery lead.  Replace cover.  Enter user code, press reset.  System should be OK again.

BEWARE OF MAINS VOLTAGE INSIDE PANEL..  If you are in any doubt, consult a local alarms company.

D7

43572[/snapback]

Archived