Security Installer Community

ACCORD XPC DIY INSTALL ADVICE NEEDED

Guest de_deej

Guest de_deej
Remember to put a link across the tamper zone if using Dbal. Solid or resistor it dose'nt matter

Jef

40814[/snapback]

Thanks jb-eye, the link is already in place.

de_deej

Guest de_deej

Hi all,

Thought I would provide you with an update on my DIY install and I could do with a little bit of advice.

I finally started it two days ago due to screwfix f___ing up my order.

Anyway it took me a day just to run the wires, and today I installed the following:

Zone 1: Front Door Contact

Zone 2: Back door contact

Zone 3: Upstairs door contact

Zone 4: Kitchen PIR (Cosmos dualTech)

Zone 5: Dining Room PIR (Cosmos Pet Immune Dual Tech)

Zone 6: Front Room Pir

Zone 7: Upstairs Landing Pir

Zone 8: Master Bedroom Pir

I have not connected the external bell yet as it has not arrived.

I have installed the internal siren.

I have programmed the system and each sensor has been wired with the 2 1k resistors as described by Norman (Thanks !).

I had some trouble with the door contacts (Receiving a tamp fault to all 3 due to incorrect wiring) but now all of the sensors appear to be working fine.

Anyway I do still have a problem, the zonal tamper is everpresent on the keypad. I have tried to reset the system and re-programing it. I have connected the bell tamp with a piece of wire (I would of used a resistor but I don't have any left).

I have got the siren going into the zone tamp on the board so I have not connected them. Should I have wired them into the bell tamp or should I have used resistors ?

I am concerned that the problem is to do with the tamper switch on the panel, I fear this because when I was fixing the door contact problems whenever I touched one it triggered an alarm, activated the siren and needed to be disarmed. But when I remove the panels lid it doesn't trigger another alarm.

Has anyone got any ideas ? or should I post a new topic in the control panel room ?

Thanks,

de_deej

Archived