Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651

Deltaseven

Just fitted a Scantronic 9651 endstation with 2 remote keypads (9930s) - not fitted this model before.

When I powered it up (battery first, then kick-start pins as per the manual), the RKPs both show their software version and date only. Even the power light fails to flash on battery or come on when mains applied. Tried with only one RKP (addressed as 1), with both RKPs (addressed as 1 and 2). I have reset the NVM, and rebooted the panel several times. Disconnected all other wiring to panel (except 1 RKP) - and still the same.

I think it is obvious that I have a faulty panel, but not having fitted these before, I wanted to check that there isn't something obscure which I have missed? Anyone else had this problem with these panels?

D7

Guest IM_Alarms

They are a bit of a 'buggy' panel from my experience. I've not come across that proglem, but there is a glitch with random tampers which requires a chip change (supplied FOC from Scantronic), so i wouldn't be surprised if this is another glitch. You have addressed both RKP's differently haven't you? and have you tried one RKP only? other than that I'm no more help, but maybe someone has come across this before.

:wacko:

fitted several of these panels

i find if you press either ./ or x it clears and goes into day mode found the same problem on some 9751 panels aswell

hope this is of help if not contact scanny technical :)

• 4 weeks later...

It is always possible that the processor chip has come loose in transit.

Power down the system and check that the processor is securly inserted into the socket.

Also you might not have any clock or data connection from your panel to keypad. So if you still are getting nothing try one keypad directly at the panel with nothing connected and see what you get.

If you still get no joy then looks like faulty panel

Archived