Security Installer Community

Door Contact!

Guest tuneman

Guest tuneman

Hello, I was wondering if somebody could help me on how to connect my magnetic door contact ... im sure this is a dumm ass question, but im askin anyway :(

The Magnetic contact im fitting is to a upvc door and self adhesive, has 4 wires comming out of it, and is sealed unit, this is why i cant tell what wires go where

I have the nexus 8 alarm and the door contact is wired to

red+ to the alarm (A)

blk - to the alarm (A)

yellow connected to the (T) tamper

blue connected to the other (T) tamper

And they are all connected to Zone 1 as shown in the book....AA TT

I set the alarm wait for it to arm.. then open the door and nothing happens.. now im sure that this is suppose to set the alarm goin into some kind of count down mode to trigger the alarm .. so im guessing i have the door contact wired wrong some how!

Thanks for any replys

Mike , Ps ive tried to describe this as the best i can, cheers

Sounds a quality contact!

Grab yourself a multi meter and check the resistance of the wires coming out. Without any magnetic source near the reed part of the contact, identify two wires that measure zero ohms. Then check the other two wires are open cct. When the magnet is moved towards the correct side of the contact it should short cct.

And when you move the contact away again it will become open circuit.

It does not matter whicjh way the two zone wires are connected to the wires returning to your panel - polarity doesn't apply. Same for tamper cct.

Just remember to wire one of the tamper wires in series over any leaf spring within the junction box you will need adjacent the door. This prevents anyone removing the lid and putting in a s/c thus bypassing the door at any stage.

Good luck!

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Guest tuneman

I would just like too thanx you ... for your help and assistance with my problem.

And it is now fixed and working fine :)

The blue and black wires were for the tamper, : T T

and red and yellow were for the door contact : A A

The door contact i ordered from maplins catalogue, but it didnt have any instructions with it :( if they had of done, it would saved all this trouble.

cheers and thanks again

Mike

Archived