Security Installer Community

Texecom Comgsm. Hints And Tips?

Hey folkes,

Just wondering if someone with past experience in installing the ComGSM can help? Hindsight is an amazing thing...

I'm an experienced engineer but have never installed this module before. We usually use DualComm or Redcare. The instructions seem straight forward, but specifically, when it comes to programming the "APN" or "Access Point Name", with a username and password. Do I need to take a laptop? You are supposedly to get these details from the SIM card provider (the customer is to supply). Is this fairly easy? Is there anywhere that I am likely to trip-up with not having installed one?

Any helpful advice would be much appreciated.

cheers in advance dudes.

You do need a laptop, and the apn program from texe, also a udl lead, the apn can be found online for the provider of the sim if its ee,vodafone,o2, others are there as well, some providers dont need a user name and password but this should be with the sim info if needed.

programming it only takes about 1 min and its saved in the GSMcom so even when powered down keeps the info.

If the customer is to supply the sim you will need to tell him if he has one that has a fixed ip he can remote access it but if he has just got a vodafone,o2,tesco,EE one he can not remote into it.

I hope this helps