Security Installer Community

Melcom ST6100

Guest jim2

Hi Folks,

Was wondering if anyone has experience of the Melcom ST6100 Control Panel. I need to know what it means when the Tamper light is flashing repeatedly. This seems to be undocumented in the User and Installer manuals (both of which I have). The problem does not seem to be anything to do with the tamper loop as if I 'short' the tamper loop the problem does not go away. The system seems to function perfectly well apart from this...

cheers for any help

The ST6100 is the next one up in the Melcom range, have a search on the forum for ST6000 for details about it. Its made by lyntek.

Your right it does sound like service timer, try going into the system as engineer and resetting the service timer.

D

Thanks folks, I've done just that and it worked fine! Another question tho - the board reports a fault (rather than just 'open zone') on the LCD with a zone left open longer than a couple of minutes - a particular example being contacts on the kitchen door - which these people leave open when not out - anyone know how to get around this??

cheers once again.

Guest Adrian

Hi there

Some of the older bentley panels do this not certain about this one but if it goes out when you close the door and the alarm system set/unsets without fault and the zone works ok normally.

Then its just possible that is how its meant to work.

Adrian B)

Archived