Security Installer Community

External Pirs To Connect To Ptz Cameras

joey

Thank you everyone, you've given me great info that I can move on with to design a suitable system.

I've since spoken with the client at length & they don't want to have the system monitored, they are going to have 20+ lights installed with external PIRs. I'm quoting for 2-3 GJD or Redwall(two separate quotes) PIRs at each PTZ & connect them to the PTZ and connect them to the PTZ inputs. I've also had some long chats with GJD & Optex for advice on their PIRs.

Thanks again all.

Joey.

Joey, I have GJD Elites and Dygizones connected to floodlights and 3 PTZs at home. I do have a false alarms but they are few and far between and it isn't too difficult to recognise the difference between those and a genuine alarm. On alarm I also receive emails with a picture via my DM to my phone with a dedicated email address and tone to save any confusion.

I have all 3 PTZs programmed to operate on each PIR so each camera moves to a different location even if the trigger isn't in a particular cameras zone. Any prime areas are covered by statics too.

I'm not sure how much more hostile your proposed location is than mine, if at all, but I do wonder how many times your clients could handle a false alarm at 3am from a fox or such like.