Security Installer Community

American Dynamics Speed Dome Set Up Problem

I am really stuck with this and would appreciate any advice.

I am new to the PTZ set ups and I have got 6 American Dynamics speed domes, I am just setting 1 up at the moment. I cannot get past the on screen message ' checking network type'

The speed dome is powered by 24v AC, it has 2 data wires coming from it (S+ & S-) the data wires then connect to a 'sensornet to RS422 converter. the available connections on this are

TXhi, TXlo and RXhi RXlo, I am not sure which ones to connect the camera to. The output of the converter then goes to an AD touch tracker 16.

When powered on everything comes on, the dome does its start up test routine but stops with the above message. PTZ doesn't work and I cannot do anything with it.

On the front of the converter it has a series of diodes, power light is solid green uP light is flashing, RS485 is solid green and RS422 is off (I am guessing this is off because I have not got the data wires connected right.)

the speed dome seems to be working ok as I have tried 4 of them with the same result.

Frustrated now and really would be grateful if anyone can help me.

Thanks in advance gents (and ladies maybe ??)

Why are you using the RCSN422 convertor?

If this is not required just connect the 2 data cores to the EIM module (little cream coloured box) that comes with the touch tracker.

Hey prsto your cameras will work.

If you require the convertor because you have additional kit or this is off site monitored then it is a bit more complex to connect all the equipment together.