Security Installer Community

Problems - -- HELP!!

Guest icowley

Guest icowley

Hiya people! HELP!!! :o

I fitted a accenta compact classic into my nans house a couple of years ago. All been working fine until last month when we had the heavy downpour. The bellbox kept going off and the control panel got very hot nad keypad wouldn't work.

Swapped the bellbox as recommended by its supplier. Seemed to fix problem. A week later bellbox siren went of but alarm wasn't in alarm condition. Again, keypad not funtioning and unit very very hot.

Rang ADE, got told pcb was prob knackered. Swapped that, still got hot. So swapped the transformer (nothing left to swap!). Did all this last weekend. Called around other night and alarm was going off again. Control panel very hot again and fuse blown to PIRs. One PIR light was permantly on.

Any ideas / thoughts ? Should I just get her a dog and forget the blinking thing?! ;)

Thanks

Ian

Guest kenny james

:) water could have got in to the cable running from your bellbox to your control panel you will find it easier if you take a multimeter to your bell wire cable from inside the bell box and check your readings because their could be a short and this is what is probably what is blowing the fuse and getting the panel hot!!!.

did you record any measurements when you fitted it?

if you have an internal sounder fitted it maybe suggested to disconnect the wiring from inside the control panel from your bell wiring (t.a.d.b.?) which runs to your bell outside and leave on a soak test to see if panel still has fault of getting hot

hope this helps.

Guest kenny james

also the problem with light still on pir,i had a call out about the same thing on an optima xm(yes,you guessed an ade) it too had locked out on the control keys,i had to restart it to factory condition this gained access back to keyboard after testing i found out that the pir was faulty(medusa) replaced the pir with another one ,customer hasnt phoned back since!!

:D

Guest kenny james

finally,i stopped fitting ade panels a couple of years ago i find i make more money from servicing and repairing them,i stick to fitting texecoms veritas range of panels with rkp.

:lol:

Guest andy jinks

sounds like a short on one of the power cables or maybe a bad standby battery pulling the power down .did you see if the led's if they are any on the bell box were flashing.

hot panels mean that the power supply is working its regulaters off to keep it going.

has new carpets been fitted or any work on the building that could have caught a cable.

if you have a test meter check the load of all the wires with 13 volt on them and if you are lucky you will see one that is pulling too much.

you may have to start removing pir's to track it down

Guest icowley

Andy,

Thanks, will check the PIRs. Yes the lights on the bellbox keep flashing as normal.

If I take out the suspect PIR and join the wires acordingly it should then show if its that one , is that right? :blink:

Archived