Security Installer Community

Guest house fire inspection

Guest Peter James

Guest Peter James

In the early years of my career I had the good fortune of attending some of the fire officers inspections of guest house's, pubs, night clubs, the such like.

One afternoon we were inspecting a guest house on the seafront all had gone well, all the correct extinguishers, signs, and fire doors etc, so we finished earlier than expected.

As we came outside the Fire Officer says " I know, the guest house across the road is due next week lets do it now and save coming back." At this point I feel I should explain that we were both dressed in plain cloths :whistle: .

We walked in to the guest house and stood by the reception. The landlady was dealing with some guest's and as we waited we could see a nice clean patch of wallpaper fire extinguisher shaped.

The landlady asked if she could help and the officer pointed at the clean patch of wallpaper and asked "Fire Extinguisher?" the landlady whispered back " The guest house across the road is having a fire inspection today ;) "

I dont think I have to explain what happened next, but it was hard to keep a straight face at the time.

Archived