Security Installer Community

Wiring for detectors on Scantronic 9448

Guest Amateur

Guest Amateur

My Scantronic 9448+ installation guide suggests that the tamper circuit should be connected in series to all detectors/sensor zones.

How may cables will be connected to each detector in a system having 3 or more zones?

- To do it like this it seems to me that there will be two cables to the first and last detectors and three to the others. Or is it OK to have each zones A/T circuit looped back without it being in series??

Any assistance would be appreciated

Tks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Amateur

Ok, not being a professional at this, I thought (foolishly it appears) that all the connector fields required to accommodate how ever many zones a panel could cater for would be included inside the panel.

I now realise that the vague reference in the installation manual about a connector strip identifies that the tamper circuits are connected in series from:

- the panel to the first detector and back via an unused wire in the cable to a user supplied strip and then out to the next detector and so on and finally back to the panel.

Now that, I've got my head around this and a dead battery (subject of another post) it should be plain sailing.

Tks

• 1 month later...
Guest Police Alarm Tech

If you struggle at all theres a company called act meters that sell a tamper splitter. .So rather than having a "global" tamper there split individually. .Plus if you do get a tamper fault it gives you a visual indication as to the offending tamper circuit

Archived