Security Installer Community

Add More Storage To The Intellex Lt

v1de0man

Hmm i am not sure if i already posted this as a guest

I have an Intellex LT with a 160gb hdd in it. Os / data.

Needless to say the more cameras i add the less days i can record. The ESM's aren't really an option to me mainly due to expense and getting hold of them and even assuming they work on this old thing.

So hence me coming here asking you guys.

The unit is running on NT. Can i add a 2nd hdd say a 500gb, bigger are hard to find in IDE form. And use this with the 135gb part of the 160gb hdd. Which essentially means i would have 2 databases.

I suspect this is not an option and would have to rip out the 160gb drive and replace it with the 500gb one. But i have this niggling feeling about NT and 137gb limits. Anyone had and dealings with adding more storage space to said units? Your input would be appreciated.

I just cleared out a 320gb drive i will be trying on wednesday just to see if i can. I wanted to try before i blew £80 on a new 500gb IDE drive. Yeah wow expensive huh. i just paid £74 for 2tb ( sata though )

There is no problem installing a second hard disk in these units. Fit it on 2nd ide channel as master or slave- set jumpers accordingly. Once disk is detected ok by bios configure it in windows an new primary. I would suggest deleting the data base partition (135Gb) off the 160Gb drive. You are reducing your space but having the os and data on the one drive always leads to the drive failing quicker as its consantly being written to or is being written to during a power outage which can damage the drive. You'll have to initialise the drive with the intellex program which from memory will wipe the databases anyways. Should be in business after that.

Archived