Security Installer Community

Sub Contracting

Hi all, this seems to be the most apporpriate place to post this so I hope it is!

I'm looking for some advice after having a good search around and being unable to find any recent information.

I'm looking to start work as a sub contractor but have come a bit stuck on where to find the work (which is a problem).

I have been away from the industry for 5 years and have just finished 2 months regular work for a customer who has multiple sites around sussex where I have been installing/ upgrading the existing CCTV and intruder alarms which has got me back into the swing of things. Now this contract is coming to an end I am a bit stuck for work.

I used to work for a medium sized company throughout the South East and during my time there used to hear stories of sub contracting work for the big boys which was along the lines of install, service and even guys that would just work call out for a set period ie 2 weeks! Having never done this myself I don't know how true these stroies are!

So I guess my question to the guys that are still in the loop is what are the best ways to get work? I have a friend who works in Data cabling and he gets all his work through agencies and I was wondering if the work is similar for security work? Or is it just a case of contacting the bigger companies and trying to regain some old contacts.

I'd be very greatfull for any help or advice anyone can give me.

Thanks for your time,

Andy

Archived