Security Installer Community

New Equipment

Mister_Dave

Hmmmmmmm Scantronic & Texecom. Thats like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Ford Granada.

Hmmmmm I bet that per car, RR have a higher fault rate :yes:

21194[/snapback]

and most granada's are in the scrap yard :whistle:

I cant argue with that, but its much easier to sell a system if the customer expects to get more from it; "feature rich" is the current bolloxy expression, and the scantronic stuff has always been basic.

The last time I looked at one the choices for the entry time were still 10,20,30 and 60 seconds or something.

Well built stuff but backward/pendantic software.

21186[/snapback]

i often get asked to set e/e time to 17 sec :no:

Guest MKAlarms
Hmmmmmmm Scantronic & Texecom.  Thats like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Ford Granada.

21188[/snapback]

The new Scanny's are now being made in China, so yes I'll be sticking with the classic British engineering of Texecom.

Seriously though, Scanny's may have been the leader 5 years ago, but the Premier range wipes the floor in terms of features and flexibility.

MikeR

Thanks for the comments guys , just one more what about the elmdene hs500. 

Mick Could you get me a list of the distributors in north yorks , was thinking about scanny but i cant find any suppliers near me cheers all.

20626[/snapback]

Dave, The following Gardiner Branches are in your area:

Middlesbrough, Leeds, Newcastle,

also, alot of City Electrical Factors sell our stuff and they have hundreds of branches. Give me a shout if you have no luck!

Mick Gates

Regional Sales Manager- Intrusion Products

Bosch Security

www.boschsecurity.co.uk

Re Scantronic being "Basic":

If you call ground breaking AE2 Class 6 Radio technology (have a look at our new 8 and 16 channel recievers, new 10mw class 6 detectors, including shock sensors, break glasses, using lithium batteries,) basic , fine!

If you call a bells only panel (9651)that has metal end station, lcd keypad (same one as all the rest of the range) four setting levels A-D, 3 outputs, 8 comms outputs, 16 user codes and 250 event log, prox compatible and a DD243 upgrade option,basic,fine then get a quote on the price, you'll fall off your chair!

Forget 9448! We are!

Finally, If you were at IFSec you will have seen our new domestic radio product - people were falling over each other to see it, as were they to see out TCP/IP network adaptors, the only one working live at the show.

There, had my say!

Then, theres the new menvier range.........................I'll shut up!

;)

Mick Gates

Bosch Security

www.boschsecurity.co.uk

Got to admit though... the Texecom Premier still wipes the floor over even the newer Scantronic panels...

1000 event log,

Metal end station (otional),

Variety of keypads... including LCD, LCDL, and Prox,

Numerous Partitions,

International series even have built in modems!

And the TCP/IP adapters will be out soon... and it makes managing customers and re-programming systems easy with the UDL either via modem or via PCCOM.

And for the price... you really cannot argue... I will no longer install any other panel, as there is really no point... my customers love it, as do I, cause it makes my life easier....

For example:

Customer rang up on Friday with a problem with the alarm, it kept going off when she came in the front door... I dialled in, downloaded the log and it turned out the customer was taking longer than 20 seconds to turn the system off... so I made the the countdown time longer, and while I was there enabled the chime function, as I must have forgotten to do it when installing the system... one very happy customer, and happy engineer as I didnt have to leave my house!

I will have a look , thanks mick. whats this new panel called.

21501[/snapback]

The two newest Cooper panels are 9651(scanny) and TS590 (Menvier).

The Domestic radio panel is 7500, not yet released in the UK, but will put a posting on the site when it is.

The Networker 2 Menvier Range is out early 2005, and really takes the industry to a new level. things like flash upgrade via USB ports, huge event memories and user code / prox capability, 35600 baud rate for the downloader, and zones / outputs to blow anything else away.

Mick Gates

Bosch Security

www.boschsecurity.co.uk

Archived