Security Installer Community

Minerva 80 False Alarms

We have a problem with one of our loops which we can't get to the bottom of.

Basically, we get frequent false alarms on any of the call points on the loop. If i view analogue point values on any of the devices I get condition and Id's fluctuating all over the place. Devices often go into fault then clear again. Ive tried splitting the loop to narrow down the problem but i've found that this only creates more faults on the loop. I've proven this by disconnecting the whole loop and connecting one detector directly into the panel. With both ends of this loop connected, the device is stable when viewing analogue values. If i disconnect one end of the loop i see Condition and Id dropping to zero every few seconds then returning to normal. Is this normal or is the loop card faulty?

Viewing loop point counters doesn't help much either as the results change each time i look at them. eg.

L+ R+ L- R-

37 34 35 36 then

38 38 34 37

Any help you can offer would be most appreciated as I now have no hair left to pull out.

We have a problem with one of our loops which we can't get to the bottom of.

Basically, we get frequent false alarms on any of the call points on the loop. If i view analogue point values on any of the devices I get condition and Id's fluctuating all over the place. Devices often go into fault then clear again. Ive tried splitting the loop to narrow down the problem but i've found that this only creates more faults on the loop. I've proven this by disconnecting the whole loop and connecting one detector directly into the panel. With both ends of this loop connected, the device is stable when viewing analogue values. If i disconnect one end of the loop i see Condition and Id dropping to zero every few seconds then returning to normal. Is this normal or is the loop card faulty?

Viewing loop point counters doesn't help much either as the results change each time i look at them. eg.

L+ R+ L- R-

37 34 35 36 then

38 38 34 37

Any help you can offer would be most appreciated as I now have no hair left to pull out.

Hi, You Dont say what version of consys this system is or what type of detection.

My guess is if the system has 500 series heads on it then you probably have a rogue addressable base or Head.

If you have a printer or laptop you need to get several printouts of the loop when it is in high-ident. When you get this print out study it and check if all devices bar one or two are high-ident, then check the ones that are normal or low-ident and these will be the offending devices.

Most people remove the callpoints one by one assuming that they are the problem and 99% of the time they are not.

Hope this helps.

Hi, You Dont say what version of consys this system is or what type of detection.

My guess is if the system has 500 series heads on it then you probably have a rogue addressable base or Head.

If you have a printer or laptop you need to get several printouts of the loop when it is in high-ident. When you get this print out study it and check if all devices bar one or two are high-ident, then check the ones that are normal or low-ident and these will be the offending devices.

Most people remove the callpoints one by one assuming that they are the problem and 99% of the time they are not.

The above can be reversed i.e if all low-ident then check the normal/high-ident devices.

Hope this helps.

Archived