Security Installer Community

Minerva Mx 1000 - Connection To Bms

tstarks

Hello. I have been requested by a customer to look in to the possibility of interfacing his existing Minerva MX 1000 to a Building Management System. The customer requires detailed alarms to be transferred from the Minerva in the form of the exact device address where an alarm takes place.

Can anyone advise if this is possible? I am not really able to find much information on Tyco's website, they just have a general statement saying it is interface able with a Building Management system, but not how or to what level. What kind of Hardware or Software would I require? Would there be wired - NO/NC outputs from the Minerva system or in some Modbus/Profibus format which I connect to the PLC/RTU?

Appreciate any feedback or assistance on this matter.

Thanks!

Hello. I have been requested by a customer to look in to the possibility of interfacing his existing Minerva MX 1000 to a Building Management System. The customer requires detailed alarms to be transferred from the Minerva in the form of the exact device address where an alarm takes place.

Can anyone advise if this is possible? I am not really able to find much information on Tyco's website, they just have a general statement saying it is interface able with a Building Management system, but not how or to what level. What kind of Hardware or Software would I require? Would there be wired - NO/NC outputs from the Minerva system or in some Modbus/Profibus format which I connect to the PLC/RTU?

Appreciate any feedback or assistance on this matter.

Thanks!

Try contacting these people

Drax UK

Pete

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Thank you for the replies.

Does Morely-IAS provide integration solutions for Tyco systems or would they make an offer for complete replacement of a Tyco system?

Thanks.

If you are going to use Morley/IAS then you would need to change all field devices as well as the panel - Pete

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Thank you for the replies.

Does Morely-IAS provide integration solutions for Tyco systems or would they make an offer for complete replacement of a Tyco system?

Thanks.

The DRAX system interfaces with the following -

BACnet open protocol

Europlex 3GS

Advanced MX4400

Morley IAS Zxa

Morley IAS Zxe

Microtech Galaxy

Static Systems

Cooper EasiCheck

Cooper Menvier DF6000

Kidde Fire Protection

Drax SMaRT

Drax SiteWatch

Protec Fire Detection

Kentec Syncro

Kentec Signifire

Kentec Solo

SMS Text Messaging

AMS-Net

Zettler Zetaplex

Static Codemlon

Modbus devices

Drax DX2000/8000

Drax CommPlus

Menvier DF4000

Gent 3400/34000/Vigilon

Drax AMS-Net

Plan Access Control

Drax Angel

PSS Firequest

Drax TCP/IP I/O devices

Honeywell XLS

Haes Multitech

Pelco CCTV

Paging Systems

Drax Service Management

Notifier ID3000

Andover Controls

Cerberus/Siemens AlgoRex

Dedicated Micros Sprite Video Multiplexers

Trend Control Systems IQ Series BMS

Ziton ZP fire detection

DRAX Website

As said before (and only my opinion) I'd avoid the Morley route though.

Archived