Security Installer Community

Help Pls

dobz55

Hi all was hoping for some help here I have just joined and have left an introduction in the new kids area,

anyway we have a networkx nx-4/8 security system in out house and the bloody thing is driving me nuts I cannot at this time afford to get some one in, my issue is this, the fire alarm keeps going off and the service light is on , 2 zones are always showing movement on the keypad , I am thinking the back up battery may require replacing as it has been in since we bought the house 3 years ago, the ex owner left us instructions and told us not to open the main control door as it has a tamper alarm fitted as such i am not game to attempt to open it but i need to fix this annoying problem, can some one pls tell me how I open this with out setting the darn alarm off, as it is due to the fire detection fault and continued alarms I have had to pull the smoke detector from the roof, otherwise it just sets the alarm off at random very annoying,

regards

dobz

Hi all was hoping for some help here I have just joined and have left an introduction in the new kids area,

anyway we have a networkx nx-4/8 security system in out house and the bloody thing is driving me nuts I cannot at this time afford to get some one in, my issue is this, the fire alarm keeps going off and the service light is on , 2 zones are always showing movement on the keypad , I am thinking the back up battery may require replacing as it has been in since we bought the house 3 years ago, the ex owner left us instructions and told us not to open the main control door as it has a tamper alarm fitted as such i am not game to attempt to open it but i need to fix this annoying problem, can some one pls tell me how I open this with out setting the darn alarm off, as it is due to the fire detection fault and continued alarms I have had to pull the smoke detector from the roof, otherwise it just sets the alarm off at random very annoying,

regards

dobz

Hi mate,

I have attached a network nx4 user guide x 2 as one of them is v2, this may help you diagnose the problems you may be having, check out pages 16 & 17 as these explain the faults. from this you can acertain the problems, but would highly recommend contacting a service engineer to check your system out properly.

Clive.

GESDownload_1.pdf

GESDownload.pdf

Archived