Security Installer Community

not so much a horror story

Guest mechjock

Guest mechjock

just visited a client who shall remain nameless - to cut a long story short one of their cameras had gone offline , so into the car i gets after making all the arrangements for when i get on site , 85 miles later there i am on site 30 feet up in the air on a cherry picker pulling open a junction box to get at the fuse spur inside - guess what no power - best bit is 2 sparkies turn up to borrow the cherry picker - promptly asks them to do me a favour and check the main board - 5 mins later they return in stitches turns out that a contractor had pulled all the mains feed to the board ( even though it had been marked up as security camera ) and then promptly got themselves kicked offsite for health and safety offences - guess whos going to be paying the bill for this callout :D

I got sent 140 miles to a business park in Birmingham a couple of years ago when a camera had gone down on a site. The site had 2 permanant guards who patrolled the site 24/7. One patrolled, the other viewed the cameras. They threatened us with cancelling their CCTV maintenance contract if we didn't sort it out instantly. So off I went, 7pm on a summers evening. 2 hours later, I arrived and went into the guardhouse. They told me what camera number and where the camera was so we trotts off down to the building. The camera was still there, intact so I asked If I could go inside the building. The guard then mentioned that we'd have to be careful going in as there was no power as the building had been completely stripped of mains as it was being refitted. Only then did the soft git click on about the reason why the camera wasn't working.

To think that the guards had been patrolling the full site including regular visits inside the buildings. It wasn't just sillyness on their part. It was total incompetence lol.

Tony

ACE.gif

Archived