Security Installer Community

Relays

stevevalla

Hello all. I've just got a job in Spain through a friend installing and maintaining fire alarm systems. Not having done much of this before but having a good understanding of electronics I would like to ask some questions regarding preferred methods of interfacing plant shutdowns, sprinkler systems and the like to the fire control panel, conventional and addressable. Its going to be a lot easier hearing It in english than spanish.

I know about contacts and relays but would like to know the various or preferred means of shutting down plant, or activating other equipment from the control panel. If this question is too vague or not clear let me know and I'll try to make it clear.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Steve

:unsure:

Hello all. I've just got a job in Spain through a friend installing and maintaining fire alarm systems. Not having done much of this before but having a good understanding of electronics I would like to ask some questions regarding preferred methods of interfacing plant shutdowns, sprinkler systems and the like to the fire control panel, conventional and addressable. Its going to be a lot easier hearing It in english than spanish.

I know about contacts and relays but would like to know the various or preferred means of shutting down plant, or activating other equipment from the control panel. If this question is too vague or not clear let me know and I'll try to make it clear.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Steve

:unsure:

I would go to the Apollo or Hochiki web site and get as many data sheets as possible , that will be a good start , interfacing plant via the equipment and making it work is another , so you need a friendly manaufactuerer , try Global Fire In Rochester as production plant in Portugal .

Actual cause and effect on shutting plant off is a bit trick as you will be working to local standards , and not of the U.K so if the lads comment you need to bear in mind thats what goes here and not neccassiraly out there .

Get some manufacturers training on kit , you are dealing with life saving equipment , always bear that in mind ! :bruce_h4h:

I would go to the Apollo or Hochiki web site and get as many data sheets as possible , that will be a good start , interfacing plant via the equipment and making it work is another , so you need a friendly manaufactuerer , try Global Fire In Rochester as production plant in Portugal .

Actual cause and effect on shutting plant off is a bit trick as you will be working to local standards , and not of the U.K so if the lads comment you need to bear in mind thats what goes here and not neccassiraly out there .

Get some manufacturers training on kit , you are dealing with life saving equipment , always bear that in mind ! :bruce_h4h:

I'll not be tackling anything by myself but I'll need to get up to speed quickly. I'm going through the Apollo data sheets at the moment. There's a lot in it. It would be a big ask looking for explanations of typical uses for a lot of this kit. I do have just one question though. The XP95 mains switching I/O Unit http://www.apollo-fire.co.uk/editpics/2512-1.pdf. Where might the I/P side of that unit be used?

Will have to look into some training on the specific systems. It's a pity there's nothing online.

cheers

I'll not be tackling anything by myself but I'll need to get up to speed quickly. I'm going through the Apollo data sheets at the moment. There's a lot in it. It would be a big ask looking for explanations of typical uses for a lot of this kit. I do have just one question though. The XP95 mains switching I/O Unit http://www.apollo-fire.co.uk/editpics/2512-1.pdf. Where might the I/P side of that unit be used?

Will have to look into some training on the specific systems. It's a pity there's nothing online.

cheers

Hi Steve

You can use the I/P side for several applications but generally we use the I/P side for monitoring say a power supply 24v dc that is fitted with a fault relay. Open circuit would then indicate a psu fault through that I/O unit.

Pete

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Archived