Security Installer Community

Notifier Compatability Query

Gambo

Guest Thunderfingers
Advice please! On a notifier addressable system (id 1000) which i believe is no longer manufactured, is it possible to change to another panel manufacturer and reuse any of the existing field devices?

Are they System Sensor heads on it?Never get this round the right way but you can get System Sensor Heads,Honeywell Heads and Notifier heads whaich are all the same type of head but (this is the bit I get wrong!) the Honeywell one won't work with the other two but the Sys Sens and Notifier will.

Not time for an upgrade throughout if it's an ID1000 though?

Guest Thunderfingers

If you don't mind me asking are you inquiring as an engineer or a customer?You should know what type of heads are installed (as listed above) and from that you could get an answer.

We changed this make of panel out some 3 years ago , we didn't have a problem at all , stuck in a Morley (Not Dimension) as we had cause and effect to do , but as the boys said beware the detectors , ours were a version called Ancon System Sensor. Ring the panel boys and they should be able to match the head off their working list.

If you don't mind me asking are you inquiring as an engineer or a customer?You should know what type of heads are installed (as listed above) and from that you could get an answer.

Thunderfingers, the heads are system sensor manufacture (with notifier protocol). The client wishes to upgrade the system and is seeking other quotes. I know that if I replace the panel then I will have to replace all the heads, what I am unsure of is will I have to change the call points as well?

Thunderfingers, I forgot to mention that I am not an ESD for Notifier and would therefore have to install other panel type.

We changed this make of panel out some 3 years ago , we didn't have a problem at all , stuck in a Morley (Not Dimension) as we had cause and effect to do , but as the boys said beware the detectors , ours were a version called Ancon System Sensor. Ring the panel boys and they should be able to match the head off their working list.

L200, can you remember if you changed out the call points?

Guest Thunderfingers
Thunderfingers, the heads are system sensor manufacture (with notifier protocol). The client wishes to upgrade the system and is seeking other quotes. I know that if I replace the panel then I will have to replace all the heads, what I am unsure of is will I have to change the call points as well?

Thunderfingers, I forgot to mention that I am not an ESD for Notifier and would therefore have to install other panel type.

L200, can you remember if you changed out the call points?

Just double check with Morley-IAS tech (lol) support on the protocol but either the Dimension or the ZX range support System Sensor.

How many loops?

Just double check with Morley-IAS tech (lol) support on the protocol but either the Dimension or the ZX range support System Sensor.

How many loops?

I know they support system sensor, but the system sensor head can come as at least 3 protocols - system sensor, notifier or m-ias and that is my dilemma, I want to know if the notifier call point works with the dimension panel when running system sensor protocol say.

I will try tech support but like I say, we are not an ESD so I wont be holding my breath.

I know they support system sensor, but the system sensor head can come as at least 3 protocols - system sensor, notifier or m-ias and that is my dilemma, I want to know if the notifier call point works with the dimension panel when running system sensor protocol say.

I will try tech support but like I say, we are not an ESD so I wont be holding my breath.

Morley will only work with the system sensor if they are Notifier they can be problematic.

I have tried a couple of Notifier devices and do work but not tried a full loop so hence my reservations on it

Pete

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Archived