Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 engineer reset

Guest Sheddy

Guest Sheddy

I have recently done some work on my house and need to change a few zone settings. Unfortunately I do not have the engineer code and the guy who fitted it has moved house. I need to reset the code to factory default but pulling the power and battery does not work.

Any ideas? :unsure:

Guest dale

You will have to call an engineer, a the system will need defaulting, then there still is a chance that the code may be locked into the system so cannot be reset.

An engineer will need to come out and reset the system for you as it is not a user function.

Regards

Dale

Guest Sheddy

;) Thanks for that. I heard there was a 'Boss Reset' to enable me to remove the engineers code. Ah well best get my hand in my pocket.

:(

Guest dale

It shouldnt cost that much, post information about where you are and we will see if there are any engineers on the forum who are near you and able to help.

Dale

A locked engineer code on an R8 usually means sending the PCB back to the manufacturers for unlocking. We always carried a spare board incase such a senario arose.

We did have a sub contracted engineer work for my old firm a few years ago and he saw fit to put his own engineer codes into all our alarms he fitted. It was muggins job to put them all right when servicing them. About 50 R8's and 20 Gardtec 800 panels over a 6 month period. We also found out he was giving customers his own business card with his details so he would get their service once the warranty ran out. You really can't trust anyone these days.

Tony

ACE.gif

Guest dale

My mate's company had the same problem, he only found out about it when he was sent to service my mate's sisters alarm system...he was sacked for gross missconduct.

D

Guest PeteGBR

You could try punching in every number from 0000 to 9999

The veritas looks for a sequence of 4 numbers but every 2 codes have to be followed by a user code and reset.

There must be some pattern that will halve the time to key in.

Nice maths problem for someone to solve .... I've have a life though.

Those days spending hours writing a computer program on the ZX81 that dumps the 2 times table on the screen have long gone. (I discovered beer & women - Oh happy days....1*2=2, 2*2=4, 3*2=6....Three hours that took!) :smash:

Archived