Security Installer Community

Abacus 8p Common Area

Hi guys, I'm hoping there is someone out there familiar with the old DA Abacus 8P, I configured a system today to 2 areas and a common area, problem I have is that the common area consists of the front door and the keypad inside said door, when I set the 2 areas seperately then the common area doesn't kick in, if I try a master code covering both areas the common area works fine.

Areas used are

Common - front door

Area 1 - one part of building

System - other part of buildng

I've went through the user codes, the zones and even tried powering down and back up, also tried doing away with the System group and using Area 2.

I had an old 6P in the garage that I wired up and tried using the same scenario and that worked fine.

I know some of the older versions of the Abacus didn't have the common group but used FX, Part and double knock as another way.

I wish I had taken a note of the software version. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

wee sid

Guest anguscanplay
Hi guys, I'm hoping there is someone out there familiar with the old DA Abacus 8P, I configured a system today to 2 areas and a common area, problem I have is that the common area consists of the front door and the keypad inside said door, when I set the 2 areas seperately then the common area doesn't kick in, if I try a master code covering both areas the common area works fine.

Areas used are

Common - front door

Area 1 - one part of building

System - other part of buildng

I've went through the user codes, the zones and even tried powering down and back up, also tried doing away with the System group and using Area 2.

I had an old 6P in the garage that I wired up and tried using the same scenario and that worked fine.

I know some of the older versions of the Abacus didn't have the common group but used FX, Part and double knock as another way.

I wish I had taken a note of the software version. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

wee sid

if it was a Risco panel thats how its supposed to work - comman only works if all areas set, you sure this ones not the same?

if it was a Risco panel thats how its supposed to work - comman only works if all areas set, you sure this ones not the same?

Definately an Abacus 8, I worked with these things for years but never had an instance of using the common group until now and of course DA is no longer around so there ain't no tech support :( the customer is using a master code at night temporary (last person out setting both areas) and unsetting in the morning using their area codes, the next time I go back I'll try defaulting the panel and reprogramming, the only strange thing I found in the programming was that the zone split option had been switched on for zones 1 and 2 even although there was no splitter on them and all four cores for the zone were wired direct to the detector, don't know if this has caused the fault, I switched the splits off but it didn't help.

Thanks for the reply

wee sid

Archived