Security Installer Community

Maintenance checks

Do you check for siren activation on hold-off failure?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you check for siren activation on hold-off failure?

• Yes - just to see if it starts
    • Yes - and let it sound for a few mins to check the battery
    • No

From reading a previous post I got the impression that not everyone checks the activation of the bell on hold-off failure when carrying out routine maintenance. I am curious to see how many of us do, and to what extent we carry out the test. Does anyone know if it is a NACOSS requirement for the bell to kick in on hold-off fail?

D7

I used to carry a nicad tester a few years ago but it's days are numbered with the integral unit having a battery that is inaccessible. I always disconnect and leave it sounding for around 5 minutes.

There are plenty of people who don't do the test at all. I know this as I've visited the odd system that has been installed for around a year or two and upon removing the hold-off, the bell rings for a couple of seconds.

We had a batch of Novagard sabs with their 5 second cutoff installation test ring thats supposed to only happen the once, on the first time activation. They are supposed to then ring for the 15 to 20 minutes thereafter but for some reason were still ringing for the 5 seconds on all activations. We had to replace about 8 that year and all were over a year old. I'm sure my boss binned them moaning they were out of warranty but I'm sure Gardiner Tech have a 2 year warranty.

Tony

ACE.gif

Guest Samholland

Yes, Nacoss are very strict on Bell sounding when hold off removed-

If we do find a problem, we advise customer. Then they get written confirmation if they do not want the SAB unit repairing.

Archived