Security Installer Community

Ademco Fcc5000

While working on an ademco fcc5000 the other day (servicing) it came up with a fault ' FLT memory prom' i do not have any manuals regarding this system and cannot find any info on contacting them as they're now part of honewell i beleive, and when i speak to them they are clueless. does anyone have a manual or any info regarding contacting technical department of ademco. thanks

Guest G.J.M
While working on an ademco fcc5000 the other day (servicing) it came up with a fault ' FLT memory prom' i do not have any manuals regarding this system and cannot find any info on contacting them as they're now part of honewell i beleive, and when i speak to them they are clueless. does anyone have a manual or any info regarding contacting technical department of ademco. thanks

cut my teeth on these horrible panels

Don't waste your time with trying to get tech support as there is none.

You can only try power down and up again if rest does not work.

Hold finger on mute button until fault tone stops. enter code (9090 default).

wait until active amber led comes on then press reset.

I worked on these for a long time and still have the manuals here. Ademco came out of fire about 10 years ago, there last attempt was a european product called the PMT. The FCC5000 was withdrawn due to a major product fault, if the last button pressed on the panel was silence alarms then when the next fire activation came in wether 5min or 5 days later the panels would the sound the alarms for 5 sec then auto silence them (check this). There are only two people I can think would have any technical info on this one is in somerset and the other now works for siemens in switzerland. Basically I would like the other guy said suggest that this system is replaced with a current addressable system as as well as the above they proved to be very tempremental especially in electrical storms.

Guest G.J.M

i still have all the manuals and know just about all the tricks to get round things.I still have the misfortune of having a few still in service but they are very user unfriendly when it comes to having faults.

Sometimes when an addressable module went faulty it could generate fire conditions on random addressess bar the one that actually was the fault.

Good reasons to justify upgrade

No spares available to support the system.

NO tech support.

The Zones are wired in radial circuits therefore a break in the cable could loose more devices than the recommendations in BS.

Many were wired in T+E cable for zones.

Archived