Security Installer Community

Ctec Xfp-discovery

Got a Ctec XFP system. 3 panels networked together running Discovery Smokes etc. All tested ok around 2 years ago however on quarterly service i find some devices wont activate. If i remove the devices and replace then test they go off fairly quickly. Any ideas ?

Got a Ctec XFP system. 3 panels networked together running Discovery Smokes etc. All tested ok around 2 years ago however on quarterly service i find some devices wont activate. If i remove the devices and replace then test they go off fairly quickly. Any ideas ?

Yes - Apollo have had some problems recently with detectors poorly manufactured (2 screws that hold the back plate of the detector together were overtightened) cured by loosening the 2 screws a quarter turn then replacing the detector. That usually cleared most of the problems but one or two you might have to change the detector.

On one new install around 230 detectors multisensors Apollo had to change the lot. We have just completed an upgrade with 3000 detectors and had a problem with about 20% of them some we had to change and some just loosened the screws.

Hopefully that will help you out

Pete

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Archived