Security Installer Community

Hello From Dowshu

DowshuTech

Welcome to the forums. Fitted a few dozen Dowshu's over the last 4 years or so but none for the last 12 months due to my old company's aquisition. :(

Good news is that I convinced them for now, that they don't need changing out for my new employers 'standardised' equipment. So I get to maintain them all. :)

Questions....

No1. Reviewing an index search on a specific camera sometimes only lists limited entries. For example, midnight until 3pm, or 2pm til midnight. The schedule is set up for 24/7 and logs all detections, and seems to coincide with a HD or partiction switch. I presume the index is read from only one HD/partition thus the rest of the index, that isn't displayed, is on a previously used HD/partition. Any ideas on how to get around this so the full index is listed for the full 24 hour period?

No2. I've experienced some playback images with people just simply disappearing as they walk across a viewed area. I've also witnessed the odd frame here and there where, as examples, a dog had no legs but moved as the frames advanced. And a customers husband that had no head when he walked from his car. Simple video glitches I'm sure but any ideas on how to remedy this?

No3. SENSORS. Does the sensor delay setting simply add a pause from detection to actual recording? Or does this setting determin how long AFTER detection ends, that the recording continues?

To tell you the truth, this all comes from the same customer. In fairness, a very picky customer who easily notices changes to the system and is very dependent on it. In fact, not so long ago, their Dowshu went to Warrington for repair after the system disk started to fail. The Windows boot screen hanging for hours. It took me all of 10 minutes to re-install the unit and getting it up and running as before using a pen drive and the previous system configuration file I had saved on your recommendations, then another 2 hours to go online and find the 'custom wav' that played on detection as that went when the drive was replaced. :)

I have to come clean though. Dowshu is the best piece of CCTV kit that I have ever been fortunate to use that is PC based. And NDMS is a fantastic and easy program to use for site monitoring. Not so long ago, I was relatively influential within my old company. Unfortunately, now, I'm just a small number in a much larger organisation. But I still fight the cause. :)

ACE.gif

Hi Compostcorner

Thanks for the welcome and positive comments as regards your question

No 1 you are correct it only reads indexes from one partion at a time could you tell me what software version is on the unit as if i am correct the new software overcomes this issue.

No 2 this weirdness of video images is generally down to poor video level again if you install the latest version of software 3.0.1 build 1 it has better monitoring of bad video and tells you if the signal is poor (are there any 1001 errors in the logs?)

No 3 Excellent an easy one- The sensor delay is a pause after the first activation of the input therefore if you have a very sensitive detector or one that is prone to sending multiple alarms (central station only need one with the NDMS) you set a delay of 30 secs to allow the sensor to settle after its first activation.

Really glad you like the kit i myself come from an installation background 20 years and used the product as an installer and now find myself working for the manufacturer.

Looking at where your from did the installer you used to work for begin with E or an S if its the later we may have spoken!!!!!

Thanks Again

Hi Compostcorner

Thanks for the welcome and positive comments as regards your question

No 1 you are correct it only reads indexes from one partion at a time could you tell me what software version is on the unit as if i am correct the new software overcomes this issue.

No 2 this weirdness of video images is generally down to poor video level again if you install the latest version of software 3.0.1 build 1 it has better monitoring of bad video and tells you if the signal is poor (are there any 1001 errors in the logs?)

No 3 Excellent an easy one- The sensor delay is a pause after the first activation of the input therefore if you have a very sensitive detector or one that is prone to sending multiple alarms (central station only need one with the NDMS) you set a delay of 30 secs to allow the sensor to settle after its first activation.

Really glad you like the kit i myself come from an installation background 20 years and used the product as an installer and now find myself working for the manufacturer.

Looking at where your from did the installer you used to work for begin with E or an S if its the later we may have spoken!!!!!

Thanks Again

It's the latter 'S'. :) And thanks for your replies. I'm sure we have talked on a few occasions. I would go as far as saying you probably know who's Dowshu I'm asking questions about. The good news is that now I have positive answers for this customer and I'm pretty sure will be tempted by an upgrade.

Thanks again :)

ACE.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to the CCTV industry and come from IT back ground is it that the image being recorded is a limitation of MPEG4 where part of the image is going missing.

I would agree that there is bad video but the image to be jumping and missing frames is possible that the 1 Frame a second would show the key frame with in the setting being the cause of the missing data and being captured by something else as well as the dowshu?

I used the center software and found that all i need is interet connection and remote managment and the Tech at Dowshu did the rest for me and they have information on the routers that is hard to come by with other manufactures and they would not go as far as Dowshu do to help and support.

I have asked many questions on the phone and in email and found that they do help.

I have used other kit but i do not get the help from the others. :)

Archived