Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2-44 Line Failure

Herman

I've got a G2-44 in a domestic.

It is set up for SMS texting (no monitoring).

The panel momentarily dropped into line failure this morning (several BT vans spotted up the road).

As a consequence the panel demands a manager reset.

The customers are elderly and each have their own personal PIN.

Neither have any knowledge of a master code, nor do they comprehend the concept of master/manager/user codes.

Was just wandering if there's any way of disabling manager reset for line failure.

I'm trying to avoid raising their user code status to manager/master.

I've got a G2-44 in a domestic.

It is set up for SMS texting (no monitoring).

The panel momentarily dropped into line failure this morning (several BT vans spotted up the road).

As a consequence the panel demands a manager reset.

The customers are elderly and each have their own personal PIN.

Neither have any knowledge of a master code, nor do they comprehend the concept of master/manager/user codes.

Was just wandering if there's any way of disabling manager reset for line failure.

I'm trying to avoid raising their user code status to manager/master.

nope it will always need a manager reset

It will always call for a reset for line fail but you can switch off line monitoring - not a problem if its not a requirement.

Fail to communicate is fun too, it keeps asking for a reset until it next successfully sends an SMS text - set to text on 'alarm only' it could be like that for months!

• 2 months later...
It will always call for a reset for line fail but you can switch off line monitoring - not a problem if its not a requirement.

Fail to communicate is fun too, it keeps asking for a reset until it next successfully sends an SMS text - set to text on 'alarm only' it could be like that for months!

An engineer restart will also clear the SMS Comms Fail

• 9 months later...
Great fun - engineer attendance just because it fails to send a text on an audible system!

We currently have a G2-44+ installed and are having dificulty setting it up for SMS only could you elaborate on the steps required to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Archived