Security Installer Community

NAPCO C200AP

Guest Putus Security Systems

I have been looking at the NAPCO C200AP detectors. I would be interested to read any feedback from anyone that has used these before.

I am in the process of doing a specification for a 27 zone house, which has a 44kg semi active dog. Looking for a reliable Pet Dual-Tech as it could be rather expensive if we have to change 27 of these out at a later date. The NAPCO spec looks good but do they perform as they claim.

Many thanks

Shawn

• 2 months later...
Guest marcjacobs

I placed some C200AP´s, it is the best PIR/MW for houses with small dogs or cats (never had any better PET-sensor than the Napco). But believe me........44 kg is too much for a PIR. False alarm will occur, even with a Napco.

I have been looking at the NAPCO C200AP detectors.  I would be interested to read any feedback from anyone that has used these before.

I am in the process of doing a specification for a 27 zone house, which has a 44kg semi active dog.  Looking for a reliable Pet Dual-Tech as it could be rather expensive if we have to change 27 of these out at a later date. The NAPCO spec looks good but do they perform as they claim.

Many thanks

Shawn

12185[/snapback]

Guest S&K SYSTEMS

I never used NAPCO I used 3D PETWISE TEXECOM but you will find that they all opperate at about 35kg are you sure it a dog :question:

Completed job using the NAPCO's about 4 weeks ago. System used on a daily basis for night set with dog having free roam of the house. One problem detector with the stairs other than that no problems at all. :D

Although by far not the cheapest PIR on the market, but we will be using these more often.

As for the dog, yes it is a big one i was somewhat surprised at the weight quoted, customer checked with the vets records and it is one big dog.

Regards

Shawn

Guest marcjacobs

PET PIR (doesn't matter which one) & Stairs = always trouble. I put a small piece of tape on the lens so that the PIR won't see the stairs, and......works fine!

Archived