Security Installer Community

Honeywell Domonial Config Setup

Hi,

Having invested in a wireless alarm system to avoid the hastle of running cables around my house I am in urgent need of someone experienced in the CMI800 control panel for a Honeywell Domonial system to complete its setup and config. Can someone provide this service to me please?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Having invested in a wireless alarm system to avoid the hastle of running cables around my house I am in urgent need of someone experienced in the CMI800 control panel for a Honeywell Domonial system to complete its setup and config. Can someone provide this service to me please?

/quote]

The problem with domonial is

a) the batery in the keypad is under powered and will only last 1 year maximum. That is if you replace the battery after setting the system up. As the signals between the keyapd and the control is duplex in enginner mode and for every hour in enginners you lose one months battery life!!!!

b)The system utilises a terible method of reset by a long list of tasks rather than a simple anticode or you have to dial to the sysetm with a modem the size of a suit case!

c) The system utilises point ID E code monitoring which is not as simple to set up and the arcs do get confused with it compaired to the good old digi. It is also more expensive to monitor and incurrs a connection charge.

d)All programing is french layout and back to front when compaired to other honeywell kit.

e)Customer go for the system as it is cheaper than others based on the time to install, but then give you hell when dont understand the system.

However it is good on signal strength and utilises the new frequency for alarms.

Quick to install, but if you havent had training on the sytem it will be difficult, were did you get the system from? did you not get a manual?

If you require some help, one of my enginners will be able to help, please let me know.

Archived