Security Installer Community

A real horror story

Guest Keiko

Guest Keiko

A horror story of a difference! I was sent to install an alarm in a big house in Norwich once.

when i got there the woman introduced her self and her 4 year old son.

We spent the first half hour walking round her house discussing the possition of sensors, keypad ect.

Then as soon as I started pulling up carpets and drilling holes the woman asked if I would be ok to carry on while she went into town shopping. I shouted down the stairs that its ok and I would be there for around 7 hours.

The front door shut and I heard her car drive away.

Not more than 5 minutes later I saw the little lad come up the stairs!!!

Yep! she left me baby sitting!

(she was away for a good 2 1/2 hours)

Wonder how many other tradesman she's done that too?

Hi Keiko, Yes I have to say that is a common problem and is something that happened to me a few years ago with a difference.

I ended up baby sitting the wife of a customer on the day I was installing their Alarm.

Let me explained, I arrived at the house at about 9:30am met the couple walked around the house with the hubbie and explained what was going where and so on. He went off to work and I made a start, everything grand so far the woman made me a cup of tea, we had a chat just small talk, you know how it goes. As I drank my tea she was drinking a pint glass of orange, nothing strange there you say. Lunch time came and I went off to get a bite. Arrived back at the house an hour later to find the woman sitting on the stairs with another pint of orange, or as I was about to find out the real contents of the glass. First of all she started to slur her words and her eyes looked really blood shot and then she started to stagger around the house following me talking ****. Then the penny dropped Vodka and orange, she was //.B.W.F.//. I then started to worried as she started to remove her blouse, it was now about 3pm or so and this woman couldn't talk and she was bouncing of every wall in the house with her blouse half open. She then insisted on making me more tea an offer I tried to decline, but she was having none of it. She ended up on her back in the middle of the kitchen floor. I got her up and made some black coffee but all she wanted was more drink. And then the tears started she started to get really upset, in the mean time my office where trying to contact her husband to no joy. And then if the crying wasn't bad enough she then started to get sick, at this stage I had enough. I packed up my tools and headed for the door. I then started to feel a bit guilty and at this stage she was falling asleep on the couch, So I decided to stay. I got a blanket from one of the beds and covered her up. I stayed on to finish the job and waited until her husband arrived home 9pm at this stage. The poor guy was really embarrassed and I was embarrassed for him.

The following day I realised that I was put I a very dangerous situation. So watch your self out there be very careful of women drinking pint glasses of orange.

Regards Phil.

Archived