Security Installer Community

Galaxy Telecoms Module.

cjd

hi folks. Have seen this telecoms mod on ebay. can anyone tell me if it will call my mobile when an the alarm goes off. Have been on the forum b4 and got some great help. Have eng. code and installed the system myself. have a galaxy 60. here's a pic of the mod if it helps. Many thanks. Craig.

post-7594-1188249741_thumb.jpg

don't have the version number of the telecoms mod, but will get the version number of my galaxy and let u know. i don't mund if it can't send a text, a simple call will do.if it can't cal a mobile, what exactly can it do?

don't have the version number of the telecoms mod, but will get the version number of my galaxy and let u know. i don't mund if it can't send a text, a simple call will do.if it can't cal a mobile, what exactly can it do?

The telecoms mod is designed for sending alarm data to an Alarm Receiving Center over a phone line. To be honest I don't think it will work just dialing to a mobile. Even if it did, you would just get an ear full of electronic noises.

Trade Member

Well, you could pick up a Version 5 or more telecoms module but it is a bit limited in the info it will send you. A better bet may be a dedicated speech and text dialer like the Texecom or Menvier SD2. You can even dial into these units remotely and switch outputs on and off if you're into flash gimmicks ;)

Trade Member

ok, thanks. would the texecom or meniever be compatable with the galaxy system i've got tho? secondly,does it matter that i only have one phone line?. sorry for all the Q's!! :unsure:

ok, thanks. would the texecom or meniever be compatable with the galaxy system i've got tho? secondly,does it matter that i only have one phone line?. sorry for all the Q's!! :unsure:

Yep, they will work with your Galaxy. They need 4 connections: a phone line, power, tamper and between one and four inputs (wired into one of the outputs on your Galaxy) depending on how many messages you want to send (for example message 1 could be fire, message 2 Personal Attack, message 3 intruder and message 4 confirmed intruder).

You can wire it into your existing phone line, but you should wire the phone line directly to the dialer first, and wire all your extensions out of the dialer. That way, if you accidentally leave a phone off the hook, the dialer can still pick up the line and dial out (the instructions are clearer than me)

Trade Member

Archived