Security Installer Community

dual tec

Guest Pace Electrical

Guest Pace Electrical

Hi all, can you give me your opinion on the best general purpose dual tec detector to use. I have been fitting Visonic Discovery duo's and pet smart's but I notice these are not well thought of, why is this ? I only do smallish domestic installs so cost per unit is not a huge issue but false activations are !

Guest Samholland

OPTEX MX40 are a very good dual Tech sensor, We have installed about 300 of these locally in schools and council buildings. Have proved very, very reliable, only had 1 false alarm and that was doubtful.

Nice looking easy to install can't remember how much we pay we buy 60 units at a time to get quantity discount.

A good all round PIR is GJD Gem very neat ceiling mount have used this PIR for domestic for about 15 years (15 Years) thats how reliable they are...but they do cost at least twice the price of normal PIR units. Again we bulk buy in 100's

Guest Peter James

If you want big dog proof use a Bosch 820 but the optex are nice. Visonic have been going down hill a little since they started making loads of other gear.

But if you find the duo works ok then thats fine.

Pete

Archived