Security Installer Community

Re: Accord Xpc Programming Problems

...usually the engineer code is locked in this situation and cant be changed
....you googled your way to the honeywell site but the job you want to do is a non started - either junk it or get an engineer in

Hi all,

For those interested in the outcome of my previous post ("Accord Xpc Programming Problems") the system has now been reset to factory settings and new Engineer & Master codes programmed in.

For the record:

1. Yes I did have to hold the two buttons in.

2. No problems at all with the Prox reader.

It looks as though (for this installation at least) that //.Large National Installer.// (three letters - starting with the first letter of the alphabet) didn't lock the engineer code to prevent factory reset by non-//.Large National Installer.// personnel. Which is good news - I've heard they quote 120 quid +vat to do it for you.

:D

polybear

Guest anguscanplay
Hi all,

For those interested in the outcome of my previous post ("Accord Xpc Programming Problems") the system has now been reset to factory settings and new Engineer & Master codes programmed in.

For the record:

1. Yes I did have to hold the two buttons in.

2. No problems at all with the Prox reader.

It looks as though (for this installation at least) that //.Large National Installer.// (three letters - starting with the first letter of the alphabet) didn't lock the engineer code to prevent factory reset by non-//.Large National Installer.// personnel. Which is good news - I've heard they quote 120 quid +vat to do it for you.

:D

polybear

good on yer - thats exactly why we lock our codes (unless the customer signs that he wants it defaulting), hope you get the rest of the system progged up correctly too - dont wait for a break-in to find out youve enabled the bell delay,switched zones off etc.

i trust your now going to get it serviced and checked by a local installer -

good on yer - thats exactly why we lock our codes (unless the customer signs that he wants it defaulting), hope you get the rest of the system progged up correctly too - dont wait for a break-in to find out youve enabled the bell delay,switched zones off etc.

i trust your now going to get it serviced and checked by a local installer -

Guest Dave the alarm man
Whilst doing this we discovered that the installer had programmed the front door (for night mode) as an access zone - for this installation it would have been far more sensible to program it as an immediate zone

nah, better timed zone that way someone (wife) can set the alarm when you go out on the raz untill 3am, unless you really want to open the front door & wake the street?

The installer also wired the mains supply to the panel from a switched spur, with potential for the switch to be accidentally knocked off. Not recommended?

yep

Guest anguscanplay
You cannot lock the codes on an Accord XPC. FACT

Regards

Max

er i never said it actually would be - usually eng codes are locked and this is why we lock ours were my posts , as seen above if only to stop people from re-progging their systems in a percieved improvment but without realising the pitfalls

Archived