Security Installer Community

Optima XM

Guest ni9eofse7en

Guest ni9eofse7en

The alarm was in this house when I moved in 20+ months ago, so I have very little history on it. I have been able to obtain an owner's manual, however it does not help me with the following.

Two weeks ago during a kitchen refit, I had to relocate two sensors, one was a PIR in the kitchen and a contact sensor on a rear door.

The contact sensor was placed on a different exit door after extending the wiring.

During the rewiring the alarm sounded, power was on. I reset the alarm and continued w/o further problems. However later I was unable to reset the alarm panel. This week I discovered a fuse had blown on the board, I replaced this with a 2amp fuse. Everything tested out ok. That night the alarm went off 90 or so minutes after setting, no warnings of any tamper on any zones. Yesterday in day mode it went off several times (again no tamper showing in any zone), when I switched on the kitchen lights, unplugged the fridge, in fact only when I switched things on and off in the Kitchen.

The kitchen PIR's wire is run through the same conduit as the kitchen light. Although all wires are shielded could this trigger an alarm situation?

I am puzzled as to whether this could be the cause as the alarm wire runs over and close to electric cable elsewhere.

Any suggestions would be a great help.

Thanking you in advance

John

Guest Adrian

B) Sounds like an ACT 1313 Filter would help this one, how old is the battery?

I think it may be time to get one of us lot in to check it out properly.

There is a contact list somewhere on this site with contact details of most of the best engineers and companys around. I'm certain one of us will be happy to deal with you direct.

Adrian B)

Archived