Security Installer Community

Aritech Cs350 Battery Replacement

Hi,i have an aritech cs350 alarm in my home,recently the low battery signal has been coming up on the keypad screen,tonight the alarm keeps going off but i cannot switch it off because the keypad has gone dead,is this down to the battery in the box upstairs or is there another battery in the keypad.I have opened the box and there is a big square battery in it,can i take this out and get a new one,and if i replace it will the alarm work??or this the whole system need to be reset,the alarm is about 6 years old.thanks for any advice you may have.

Hi,i have an aritech cs350 alarm in my home,recently the low battery signal has been coming up on the keypad screen,tonight the alarm keeps going off but i cannot switch it off because the keypad has gone dead,is this down to the battery in the box upstairs or is there another battery in the keypad.I have opened the box and there is a big square battery in it,can i take this out and get a new one,and if i replace it will the alarm work??or this the whole system need to be reset,the alarm is about 6 years old.thanks for any advice you may have.

You need to replace this with a 12v 7Ah battery. Now the keypad has gone dead you would be well advised to call in an alarm company to look at it as the faulty battery has done some serious damage.

It is probably just a fuse blown as the CS350 has about 5 fuses on the PCB. The keypad is quite seperate to the battery fuse so I would say that the battery is dead and the mains fuse has gone.

cheers

Dave

Archived