Security Installer Community

Sd2 Text Messages

MrG

Trying to setup text message alerts on my new SD2 speech dialler.

Seems to dial out, successfully send the message but think its failed and does it again.

Any ideas why this happens? Can I sort it out?

Thanks,

MrG

Trying to setup text message alerts on my new SD2 speech dialler.

Seems to dial out, successfully send the message but think its failed and does it again.

Any ideas why this happens? Can I sort it out?

Thanks,

MrG

Hello,

Is the SD2 connected to a direct dial out phone line?

if this is not the case (9 is required to get a line) then you will need to prefix the SMS reciver number with a 9.

Also in the built in tests,

Try sending a text message and read the display at the same time.

It will tell you lots of various information during this including if the SMS server has connected correctly.

Try this and come back to me with your results or give me a call.

Darren

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Hello,

Is the SD2 connected to a direct dial out phone line?

if this is not the case (9 is required to get a line) then you will need to prefix the SMS reciver number with a 9.

Also in the built in tests,

Try sending a text message and read the display at the same time.

It will tell you lots of various information during this including if the SMS server has connected correctly.

Try this and come back to me with your results or give me a call.

Darren

Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate you taking time to help.

Yes it's connected to a domestic phone line and when you test it, you can hear it transmitting (like a modem). As I said, it comes back with a failure message on the display although it DOES send the text to my mobile. It then tries again (same process). You again get the txt message. Then is stops (does not retry a third time).

I will recheck the messages tonight and try to make a note of them. Thanks.

Incidently, if you know the product well ... how does the alarm dialler work. If you dial phone lines, it tries one awaits acknowledgement (8 pressed) and if not recieved will call the next person in the list.

If you opt for text alerts only, how does it work given that it will not get any acknowledgement from the recipient? Does it just send to all the mobile numbers listed?

Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate you taking time to help.

Yes it's connected to a domestic phone line and when you test it, you can hear it transmitting (like a modem). As I said, it comes back with a failure message on the display although it DOES send the text to my mobile. It then tries again (same process). You again get the txt message. Then is stops (does not retry a third time).

I will recheck the messages tonight and try to make a note of them. Thanks.

Incidently, if you know the product well ... how does the alarm dialler work. If you dial phone lines, it tries one awaits acknowledgement (8 pressed) and if not recieved will call the next person in the list.

If you opt for text alerts only, how does it work given that it will not get any acknowledgement from the recipient? Does it just send to all the mobile numbers listed?

Hi,

In testing this again this evening, to capture any errors for you, I seem to have found the problem myself. The SD2 is connected to my phone line without a broadband filter on it. If the broadband is active

in regards to the units behavior on voice messages it will send to each number in turn upto ten times or until it is achnoleged by pressing and holding the 8 key for 3 seconds until a tone is heard.

regarding text messages it will send the appropriate message to all contacts set up to recieve a text followed by a restore message if set up todo so

any further helpdont hesite to ask

regards

glen

p.s. welcome to the forums

sorry didnt read all of the post i would highly recomend fitting a filter to your sd2 to prevent problems also with regards to testing i would fully set the system and test properly by triggering system ect

ps sorry about my spellin tonight

regards glen

Archived