Security Installer Community

Scantronic 931 Zone Options

I have a Scantronic 816 with a 931 keypad.

I want to disconnect an unwanted smoke alarm from the system. I am trying to set the smoke alarm zone to "not in use" (NU) in the menu 32 zone options.

I am using my installer code to re-enter Programming Mode. When the display shows "REMOVE END STATION LID" I take off the lid and it triggers the alarm. If I put in a user code to stop the alarm I don't get to "00:PROGRAM SYSTEM".

It would be great if someone could help me out with this step.

Many thanks

Guest anguscanplay
I have a Scantronic 816 with a 931 keypad.

I want to disconnect an unwanted smoke alarm from the system. I am trying to set the smoke alarm zone to "not in use" (NU) in the menu 32 zone options.

I am using my installer code to re-enter Programming Mode. When the display shows "REMOVE END STATION LID" I take off the lid and it triggers the alarm. If I put in a user code to stop the alarm I don't get to "00:PROGRAM SYSTEM".

It would be great if someone could help me out with this step.

Many thanks

i dont want to get too far into this as its in the public forum but think about which lid you are removing when it says " remove end station lid"?

i dont want to get too far into this as its in the public forum but think about which lid you are removing when it says " remove end station lid"?

Many thanks Angus - I had actually sorted it out today but you were absalutely right. I'm assuming I can now turn off the mains in the house and disconnect the smoke alarm wires from the Main Connector in the box.... and finally remove the unwanted smoke detector.

One other question I have: When I set the Zone Type to NU there were ten options. Is there a list somewhere that states what all the others do?

Guest anguscanplay
Many thanks Angus - I had actually sorted it out today but you were absalutely right. I'm assuming I can now turn off the mains in the house and disconnect the smoke alarm wires from the Main Connector in the box.... and finally remove the unwanted smoke detector.

One other question I have: When I set the Zone Type to NU there were ten options. Is there a list somewhere that states what all the others do?

afraid its in the engineer manual which we cant give out

beware to isolate the cable ends before putting the system back together and i trust you are fitting an alternate smoke detector !!!!

nice to be right though

angus

afraid its in the engineer manual which we cant give out

beware to isolate the cable ends before putting the system back together and i trust you are fitting an alternate smoke detector !!!!

nice to be right though

angus

No worries Angus it was only NU that I needed for this...

Alternate smoke detectors fitted and tested

Many thanks for your help!

Archived