Security Installer Community

Vertitas 8 Help!

jdm2104

Hi,

I discover that my wife (in a bid to save power???) turned off the mains to our veritas alarm 2 days ago. It started to go off this morning because the battery was dead (I think?) and has been going off intermitently ever since. Before today the alarm has never been set as it is a new flat. However, I think managed to set the code while it wasn't going off, but when it does go off the code doesn't unset the alarm!

Is there any way of disconecting the alarm all together?

Thanks

Guest anguscanplay
Hi,

I discover that my wife (in a bid to save power???) turned off the mains to our veritas alarm 2 days ago. It started to go off this morning because the battery was dead (I think?) and has been going off intermitently ever since. Before today the alarm has never been set as it is a new flat. However, I think managed to set the code while it wasn't going off, but when it does go off the code doesn't unset the alarm!

Is there any way of disconecting the alarm all together?

Thanks

hi jdm2104

the fault you are describing is quite a comman call the prolonged failure of the mains has meant that the battery which powers the system when the mains is off has been totally discharged this has meant the software in the control unit has corrupted when the power was switched back on

i would recommend an engineer visit as it will almost cetainly need a new battery to ensure the next time it happens you will get sufficient power from the battery and you can also be confident the system is working correctly

if you are competant enough you could try and power cycle the system to get over the flashing light problem for now and that is a subject covered elsewhere on the forum recently if you use the search button you should find it but that isnt a means not to get the system checked over

angus

Hi Angus,

Thank you for your quick reply.

The light in the main panel has stopped flashing now, but the alarm asks for the code when we open our front door now. Trouble is, when I enter the code to unset it it does not unset.

On average do you know how much this would cost to fix?

Thank you.

Archived