Security Installer Community

Veritas R8+ Locked Remote Key Pad

Guest TheKillerASP

Guest TheKillerASP

I had a new shower fitted and, as a result, the electricity supply was switched off. The alarm made a strange noise for a couple of seconds and then went silent. When the electricity supply was switched on I noticed that the alarm's remote key pad no longer worked. It's got power as the number keys are lit. When I press any of the keys, there's no sound. Even if I enter my code and press to activate the alarm, nothing happens.

I've checked the alarm's main control panel and it also has power. I've tried removing the fuse. This causes the alarm to go off for a couple of seconds and then silence. The control panel still has power (presumably from the internal battery). I've had the alarm for several years now. Is it time to buy a new one? Anyone got any ideas?

Guest alarm man

try powering down the system battery and mains and then connect the battery again the panel should start beeping enter your user coad if you user coad does work try 4321 the factor user coad put the lid back on and if the tamper light on press reset.

From the fact that your alarm made a "strange" noise, then went silent, and the keypad died, I would guess that your battery is dead - with the mains disconnected, the panel should continue as normal for a few hours at least.

Did the noise come from the internal speaker or the external siren? If its the external siren, then it looks like that battery is probable also dead!

That does not explain the keypad not responding though - try Alarm man's suggestion of powering the whole system down by removing the mains fuse and the battery.

Archived