Security Installer Community

C&k Securit 800l + Ag6 - Strobe Won't Go Off!

skellymax

Hi All,

This is my first contact with the form but it looks like it is the definitive site for all things to do with security alarms, hope there is someone out there who can help with my query...

The electricity circuit that serves our alarm panel went off over the weekend and my wife did not reset the circuit breaker until the following morning (I was away at the time). Just prior to this the alarm went off (this is what prompted the wife to switch the electricty back on), she then reset the alarm via the keypad as instructed in the User Manual, the strobe on the external unit now continues to flash despite numerous attempts at resetting the alarm.

Can someone please advise about what has happened/gone wrong, what state the alarm is now in and what I need to do to rectify it, I am willing to call out an Alarm Engineer but if its something fairly simple that I can do then obviously I'd like to give it a go initially.

Thanks in anticipation,

Skellymax

PS: There are no (LED) lights lit up on the keypad either.

Guest anguscanplay

good morning skellymax

the fault you are describing is quite a comman call the prolonged failure of the mains has meant that the battery which powers the system when the mains is off has been totally discharged this has meant the software in the control unit has corrupted when the power was switched back on

i would recommend an engineer visit as it will almost cetainly need a new battery to ensure the next time it happens you will get sufficient power from the battery and you can also be confident the system is working correctly

if you are competant enough you could try and power cycle the system to get over the flashing light problem for now and that is a subject covered elsewhere on the forum recently if you use the search button you should find it but that isnt a means not to get the system checked over

cheers

angus

good morning skellymax

the fault you are describing is quite a comman call the prolonged failure of the mains has meant that the battery which powers the system when the mains is off has been totally discharged this has meant the software in the control unit has corrupted when the power was switched back on

i would recommend an engineer visit as it will almost cetainly need a new battery to ensure the next time it happens you will get sufficient power from the battery and you can also be confident the system is working correctly

if you are competant enough you could try and power cycle the system to get over the flashing light problem for now and that is a subject covered elsewhere on the forum recently if you use the search button you should find it but that isnt a means not to get the system checked over

cheers

angus

Thanks Angus,

I carried out a number of searches but couldn't find sufficient information to advise on how to "power cycle the system", if you can provide any further pointers then I would be most grateful, if not then the strobe will probably have to keep going for a while longer, hope this isn't causing any additional damage?

Looks like I'm going the need an Alarm Engineer to provide a longer term fix, can you recommend one in the Lincoln area?

Any idea if this is a big job and how long it should take (charges) plus if I do need a new battery can you advise how much I should expect to pay?

cheers,

Skellymax

Archived