Security Installer Community

Optima G3

Guest stevegall130

Guest stevegall130

I have purchaced a Optima G3 8EP 395 panel (to replace Optima XM), my current instalation has 3 pir's/1 panic button/1 door contact, The manual talks about connecting tamp wires from the pir's but I only have 4 wires, Blue/Grey & red+ Black- from each pir, also it mentions factory fitted links to PA+, T A, & TAMP, are these left in place? I have drawn a diagram of my old XM board/Wiring prior to dismantling & it looks almost identical to the new board.

p.s. can I disable my bell/strobe before removing the old board.

You will need to leave the link in if you are not using the tamper circuit. Likewise for the P A terminals if not using a Panic alarm. The T A terminals are for the Bell box tamper, again if you are not using this leave the link in, however you will still need to use the A terminal as this forms part of the hold off supply to the Bell.

To stop the bell sounding it will be neccesary to place the Optima XM in engineering mode then remove the battery in the Bell box. Engineering mode is PROG - user code - PROG 9999 for the XM. Press reset when finished.

Archived