Security Installer Community

Outbuilding - wireless detector

Guest richard_cowgill

Guest richard_cowgill

Hi,

I'm not a professional installer - more of a keen DIYer. My garage is not attached to the house and I want to add a magnetic sensor on the garage door, wire it into a wireless transmitter and add it into my existing ADE Optima XM6 system in the house using the matching wireless receiver. There's lots of air movement in the garage so I don't want to use PIR's. Could you give me the name of any suppliers of the wireless transmitter/receivers which can be used witrh any sensor - any recommendations advice much appreciated.

cheers,

Richard.

Guest Adrian

Hi Richard

Here is a link for a supplyer called TLC,I have never used them myself though I have never heard anything bad about this company.(http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/)

Log onto the security section The order codes are VC WR300/2B for the 2 Zone radio receiver. I would recomend using VC WT100 universal Transmitter- wirred input. This will enable you to mount the transmitter as high as possible.

It means you will need a normal door contact and some cable to wire to the door.

I have used this stuff myself in the past, with no real problems. What ever you do change the batterys every 12 months or less.

I've no idea what the range of this stuff is, the furthest I have set one up is about 20meters.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Adrian

P.S. Wellcome to the Forum B)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived