Security Installer Community

Nice Little Transformer

uski

Hi !

Ok, this one is not security related but it shows how people can do stupid and irresponsible things when wiring stuff.

I would like to show you a picture that a took a few weeks ago in a rather big gymnasium. This picture show something was behing the toilets, in a box that can be opened easily to adjust the temperature of the showers that are located just next to the toilets. Presumably a lot of people are changing the temperature on a daily basis. Some of them may be wet, of course.

Try to guess what's hidden by the black rectangle:

DSC_1429s.JPG

Ready ? SURPRISE :D

DSC_1431s.JPG

I wonder how it feels touching an earthed pipe and a live wire while being wet...

We can even see the green and yellow wire in the background.

:fear:

Believe it or not, I've signalled it to the guy who is responsible for all the equipments of the building. After a few days, nothing happened. I then told the chief electrician about this, and... this "thing" is still there. Guess what he told me ? "Oh, really ? Have you tried contacting the gymnasium guard ? I suppose he installed that"

:ranting:

I'm not even sure if they went to the gymnasium to see what I was speaking of. :bruce_h4h:

The fuse is removed and I don't think the thing is still live (this would explain why the thing is still here; maybe they've seen it and didn't take time to remove it), but the fact that it has been live somewhere in the past is enough by itself ! And the fact that someone was dumb enough to install that is even worse...

Hi !

Ok, this one is not security related but it shows how people can do stupid and irresponsible things when wiring stuff.

I would like to show you a picture that a took a few weeks ago in a rather big gymnasium. This picture show something was behing the toilets, in a box that can be opened easily to adjust the temperature of the showers that are located just next to the toilets. Presumably a lot of people are changing the temperature on a daily basis. Some of them may be wet, of course.

Try to guess what's hidden by the black rectangle:

DSC_1429s.JPG

Ready ? SURPRISE :D

DSC_1431s.JPG

I wonder how it feels touching an earthed pipe and a live wire while being wet...

We can even see the green and yellow wire in the background.

:fear:

Believe it or not, I've signalled it to the guy who is responsible for all the equipments of the building. After a few days, nothing happened. I then told the chief electrician about this, and... this "thing" is still there. Guess what he told me ? "Oh, really ? Have you tried contacting the gymnasium guard ? I suppose he installed that"

:ranting:

I'm not even sure if they went to the gymnasium to see what I was speaking of. :bruce_h4h:

The fuse is removed and I don't think the thing is still live (this would explain why the thing is still here; maybe they've seen it and didn't take time to remove it), but the fact that it has been live somewhere in the past is enough by itself ! And the fact that someone was dumb enough to install that is even worse...

time to set up a guillotine??

Archived