Security Installer Community

Accenta G3 Panel Loses Code

gnome

Any help for this newbie would be appreciated

Problem:-

Father-in-Law could not set his alarm - Attended panel - suspected he had forgotten alarm or somehow managed to change the code as he had a copy of user guide in his hand when I arrived. He was adamant that the code was the same.

Anyway had to reset panel to factory settings and tested panel using factory code - All worked fine no problem.

Then changed user code to one Father-in-Law could remember (no not factory code).

Set panel up and tested all inputs/outputs - all OK

Overnight Father-in-Law wakes up to alarm going off and resets alarm - then goes back to bed leaving alarm off - next morning he tests alarm panel and it could not be set using code or even factory code.

Have to perform factory reset and start again - All is well again.

Does anyone know what is happening to the panel.

cheers

Guest Alarm Guard

These panels become unstable after thundestorm damage... which isn't always evident immediately.

Think back. Did he have problems at the time of a thunderstorm recently.

In cases like this I would first ask what is happening to father-in-law, :lol:

Sounds like he's managing to change the code - after you reset it again watch what he does, also chose a code that doesn't allow him to accidently enter programming.

That's my first offer anyway.

In cases like this I would first ask what is happening to father-in-law, :lol:

Sounds like he's managing to change the code - after you reset it again watch what he does, also chose a code that doesn't allow him to accidently enter programming.

That's my first offer anyway.

Why not give a set/unset code to the user only with no rights to menus?

Would soon solve a user problem, without prejudging the person concerned.

cheers

Why not give a set/unset code to the user only with no rights to menus?

Would soon solve a user problem, without prejudging the person concerned.

cheers

1) I don't think that the Accenta allows user configuration in this way.

2) Nobody is pre-judging, the type of scenario gnome recounts often results in finding that the user has succeeded in changing codes.

thanks for all the input so far.

To summarise:-

Thunderstorm maybe

Father-In-Law changing code - definitely not - he is sharper than someone called sharp.

PIR set off in middle of night - maybe - but this would only justify the alarm being set off

The fact that the alarm then proceeds to forget the code it was given is a mystery, even stranger is that I thought that when the alarm was spiked/unstable it would auto go to factory settings

I will carry out a full set up again tomorrow and report back the results.

cheers

The fact that the alarm then proceeds to forget the code it was given is a mystery, even stranger is that I thought that when the alarm was spiked/unstable it would auto go to factory settings

The Accenta has a habit of becoming rather randomly unstable after a lightning storm. When it works it's fine but when it doesn't it does it in whichever way it feels like. Sometimes it might default itself, sometimes it might not.

Not necessarily, all sorts of weird things can happen and do!

Also even with the brightest of individuals, an alarm activation in the middle of the night can cause an error in actions due to the individual being disorientated by noise and quick arousal from sleep.

If you are sure he hasn't made a mistake then it looks very much like the panel will need replacing.

Archived