Security Installer Community

Optima 2 plus

Guest Eddiem

My wife was changing the code and the alarm went off, bells, strobe, beeper, the lot. She removed the mains fuse and the internal battery which stopped the inside alarm but left the bell ringing until the battery was flat. ( I was out of town ).

We tried to call the installation engineer listed on the documentation, number not valid.

I have tried the default codes for customer and engineer but to no avail. At this time my alarm is not working. Does anybody have any idea's or a contact in Leicestershire who could help me?

Thank you in anticipation.

I have the info you need and I'll publish for you tomorrow. I've typed it all out once but the board wouldn't let me upload! Don't worry, it's not tricky!

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

Well, it seems the moderator of this great board has received some aggro from manufacturers regarding making 'refresh' techniques known to the public, therefore I must respect his wishes. However, in the meanwhile you may find that your wife may have changed the code to a variation of what she was trying to change it to. For example, if she tried to enter '1234', she may have suffered from a faulty finger, actually entering '2341'-Give it a whirl. Failing this, what area are you in? There may be an engineer close to you.

Nikko

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

• 3 weeks later...

They may be old panels but providing there serviced they will gone on for years. Default code has always been 0123.

NVM resets are in the Engineers manual.

Phone ADE

Archived