Security Installer Community

Moved Home - Problem With Code Change

jabisfab

Hi,

I would like some advice / assistance please.

I'm a first time buyer and have just moved in to my new home.

When I got the keys the former owner also advised me what the code was for the already installed intruder alarms system. He said the alarm system was off at the moment which suited my for the first few days while I got use to the home. It is a Citadel XL Plus system from what I can see on the box upstairs and has a Citadel SL8 control panel board by the door.

I tried to change the code so I could begin to test and try out the alarm system, followed the details in the handbook about changing the code, and proceeded to test the sensors. When I went back to test setting the system the next day the new code I thought I had set does not seem to work, but neither does the code I was originally given by the former owner.

Can anyone help please on how I could find out the correct code now or how i go about getting it changed/reset. The is no maintenance contract in place as per prev owner.

Thanks

Sounds like you have either forgotten the code you programmed in or mis-typed the code when you changed it - could it be a variation of the intended code?

If it's not then you need the services of an engineer to call and reset the system for you.

Sounds like you have either forgotten the code you programmed in or mis-typed the code when you changed it - could it be a variation of the intended code?

If it's not then you need the services of an engineer to call and reset the system for you.

thank you rjbsec.

Do i have to look for any particular type of engineer (i.e. in yellow pages sections) or with certain qualifications? and how much is an average call out fee?

thank you rjbsec.

Do i have to look for any particular type of engineer (i.e. in yellow pages sections) or with certain qualifications? and how much is an average call out fee?

Yellow pages will suffice, just look for a nationally registered firm. Call out charges vary and will be more expensive during this xmas period.

cheers

Yellow Pages, Thomson, or neighbour's recommendation possibly.

You are more likely to get a response from a smaller local company than a national one IMO - look for SSAIB or NSI approval to ensure that they are an inspected company.

Archived