Security Installer Community

Scantronic 1082/1084 Walk Test Switch

cornishchewey

I have a collection of scantronic 1080/82/84's etc procured during the dim and distant past. All work and apparantly well. I want to use them in a stand alone situation more as a deterrent than a detector because of the geography of our sprawling home, which is crossed by public footpaths. The buildings are alarmed and I have the usual plethora of pir floods. but we still have nefarious bodies come up the drive and or deviate from the paths to have a nose in the grounds at night. So the real question is "Is there any reason why

1/- I cannot leave the Walk Test link on thus enabling the detection LEDs (mw, PIR and Alarm) permanently"

I have connected using jump leads the NO contacts of the alarm relay to the zone switch link on the board such that the PIR pattern light comes on at alarm. This can be seen from a considerable distance from the detector and at an angle wide enough to be seen from any part of the approach drive.

Supply being from a conventional lead acid battery.

I recognise these are not outdoor units but they can be sealed with judicious use of silicone.

Because of the landscaping and the postman incorporating these areas into the system would be a impractical.

An odd request I know but I would be gratefull for an answer.

So the real question is "Is there any reason why

1/- I cannot leave the Walk Test link on thus enabling the detection LEDs (mw, PIR and Alarm) permanently"

None whatsoever, you are not using it to activate the alarm, it's merely a matter of current consumption, which will, of course, be greater with the LED permanently on so you will need to consider battery drain/recharging rate.

I have connected using jump leads the NO contacts of the alarm relay to the zone switch link on the board such that the PIR pattern light comes on at alarm.

post-775-1167039172.jpg (Sorry couldn't resist it :lol:

An odd request I know

What the heck - it's Cornwall!

None whatsoever, you are not using it to activate the alarm, it's merely a matter of current consumption, which will, of course, be greater with the LED permanently on so you will need to consider battery drain/recharging rate.

What the heck - it's Cornwall!

Thanks for that.

Yes they are almost as big!!!

Happy Xmas

Archived