Security Installer Community

Best Wireless Alarm Panel

Moses

Could you professionals in the field please advise which is the best panel which will accept wireless PIR detectors.

Best in terms of reliability, immunity to false alarms, ease of setting/unsetting i.e. key fobs/remote set/unset etc and life of detector batteries.

Any help and guidance would be appreciated.

Could you professionals in the field please advise which is the best panel which will accept wireless PIR detectors.

Best in terms of reliability, immunity to false alarms, ease of setting/unsetting i.e. key fobs/remote set/unset etc and life of detector batteries.

I would only recommend the Scantronic 500r. Fitted them for years as a last resort when cabling isn't possible and never had any problems. However, if you go can go 1/2 wired and 1/2 wireless, I'd recommend the Scantronic 9751 with an 8 zone radio expander.

My opinion only...

ARJ

A nearly retired previous installer !

Guest Peter James

Its likely you wont get that many reccomendations Moses most pro's hardwire thats why theyre pro's.

If you are thinking of DIYing a wireless system you are limitted to choice (You wont be able to buy the Scantronic panel above mentioned)

I think in the DIY wireless kit one of the two leaders is Visonic Powermax, the other I cant remember the name of

Pete

Its likely you wont get that many reccomendations Moses most pro's hardwire thats why theyre pro's.

Secom are now using Rokonet Wisdom wireless kit according to recent news and many professional installers use Domonial and Galaxy with RF; then there is Scantronic and Menvier are also introducing some new graded wireless equipment in the new year, which many professional installers will use - not to mention Texecom ... did I just mention Texecom?

Grades 1 and 2 only of course as no Grade 3 wireless kit exists at present.

Secom are now using Rokonet Wisdom wireless kit according to recent news and many professional installers use Domonial and Galaxy with RF; then there is Scantronic and Menvier are also introducing some new graded wireless equipment in the new year, which many professional installers will use - not to mention Texecom ... did I just mention Texecom?

Grades 1 and 2 only of course as no Grade 3 wireless kit exists at present.

Please explain the Grades 1,2 & 3

Guest Peter James

Grade 1 DIY

Grade 2 profesional install

Grade 3 High Security Profesional install

Of course theres more to it, but not easily explained in a few sentences.

Pete

Archived